SAP S/4 HANA implementation for improved organizational efficiency and bottom line
We helped our Virginia-based client from the food industry with operations across two continents (North America & Europe) and revenues of about $14 Bn, in implementating Simple Finance along with SAP S/4 HANA, which transformed the client’s financial operations and helped improve its bottom-line.
The client was facing many operational challenges such as,
- The legacy systems’ printers had highly complex setup. It was a challenge to migrate them to the latest SAP Landscape.
- The client’s existing version of Application and Product Life Cycle Management [Solution Manager 7.1], was of a lower version with many limitations like less focus on the business processes besides many challenges in document management, solution documentation and change request management.
- In the newly implemented Simple Finance system, client had issues in generating business-specific Simple Finance reports.
We strategized and delivered a multi-pronged solution encompassing Simple Finance (with SAP S/4 HANA), third party tax system implementation along with various SAP components besides migration of legacy apparatus onto the SAP landscape.
- Implemented third party tax system named BSI Tax factory for the existing 3-Tier SAP Landscape
- Successfully migrated the legacy system printers onto the SAP Landscape
- Implemented various SAP components in the landscape including : SAP Enterprise Core Components (ECC) Change Management, ETL (SAP BW), Reporting and Analytics (BOBJ), Integration middleware (SAP PO), Enterprise Portal, NWGW, GRC, Web Dispatcher, SolMan, and SC Optimizer
Further, as a trusted service integrator, we worked with SAP to get the ZTROY, Z* scripts to install various printers on the entire SAP landscape that helped client with the ability to print at all locations.
We also upgraded the existing application life-cycle management [Solution Manager 7.1] to next version i.e. Solution Manager 7.2 with the following enhanced features:
- It is more business process oriented
- Simplified document management that is decoupled from landscape management
- Many richly enhanced features in Solution Documentation & Change Request Management
Finally, we worked on the Simple Finance reports related issues by performing troubleshooting at the application and HANA DB level; traced the user activity and identified the bugs, and applied the required support packs and patches to overcome the issues.
Client was able to get the best of SFIN implementation with the following benefits:
- Data Model is made very simple
- Instant access to any financial insight on any device
- All aggregate and index tables are removed and are calculated on the fly
- Data foot print is reduced drastically
- Single platform for OLAP and OLTP applications
- Reduces the application footpring and the TCO
Universal Journals in Simple Finance:
- With Simple Finance, Universal Journal acts as the single source of truth for both FI and CO postings
- It significantly reduced memory footprint
- Harmonized internal and external reporting
- Reporting is not limited by application boundaries
- Financial Reporting and Analytics simplified with Universal Journals in S/4HANA Simple Finance
Director – IT COE and Solutions