The need for digitisation across industries in the era of global pandemic has accelerated new technology adoption reinventing business models, RISE with SAP is a set of services that helps you achieve a more efficient workflow and rapid innovation to achieve the digital transformation needs of your organisation. Understanding what RISE with SAP has to offer will help you explore and tap the opportunities available within this ecosystem.
Basics of RISE with SAP
RISE with SAP fast-tracks cloud adoption as it takes a lot of the guesswork and piecemeal license purchases out of enterprise resource planning, providing customers with all the tools they need. The service revolves around six key areas of business that were carefully chosen for RISE with SAP after studying client trends and feedback.
SAP has a legacy of implementing simple and efficient workflow. RISE with SAP brings these workflow systems together presenting itself in a set of ‘Ones’.
- One offer: Set of SAP products and services for a single price
- One contract: Manage SLA, operations, and issue management without signing contracts for each making the process hassle free
This is particularly beneficial for establishments with lesser IT footprints, technical expertise, or budgets and are looking to move to SAP without breaking the bank. The idea is to make implementation more supple and customised to your needs.
Solutions offered by RISE with SAP:
With a RISE with SAP license one can access solutions, tools, and services in the following areas-
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Suite: SAP S/4HANA is SAP’s leading enterprise resource planning suite, and SAP S/4HANA Cloud is the hosted version for clients that are looking to move to cloud. This suite comprises of a set of business solutions that apply to finance, supply chain and supplier relationship management, sales, including R&D, and more. The solution runs on SAP HANA, which delivers real-time business statistics and analytics.
- System Hosting Options: While SAP offers customers SAP S/4HANA Cloud solutions on SAP servers, a number of hyperscalers also offer the ability to host an SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution. These include AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud.
- SAP Business Network Starter Pack: The SAP Business Network Starter Pack is a set of functionalities that helps clients connect with partners involved in the source-to-pay process, such as contractors, transporters, and other resources. The pack aids executives find and qualify vendors with ease, manage inventory, track consignments in transit, increase transparency with clients via support, combine asset management and maintenance processes, accomplish performative analytics, and more.
- SAP BTP Consumption Credits: Every business is different with its own set of needs and workflows, SAP provides RISE with SAP license holders cloud credits to spend on different areas of SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), rather than just providing a set of predefined tools.
SAP BTP is platform-as-a-service aimed at the intelligent enterprise. It consists of four pillars, namely, analytics, application development and integration with non-SAP solutions, database and data management, and intelligent technologies.
There are various permutations and combinations to choose from when using credits, from SAP S/4HANA integration (including over 2,000 prebuilt integrations) to database management to SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (SAP Intelligent RPA) and other tools.
Business Process Intelligence:
There are seven key components to the business process intelligence competences of RISE with SAP.
- The Analyze component allows data scientists to dive into system data to see what works for the system and what does not, comprehend how consumers work within the system, and more.
- The Design and Simulate component let users to use prevailing business data to generate and run business simulations to assess which one yields the best results.
- The Improve component helps with artificial intelligence, no-code automation, and more advanced process automation tools such as SAP Intelligent RPA.
- The Roll Out and Govern component covers process management and governing for end users, and permits collaboration and roll out of important documentation to all users from a single source.
- The Monitor component keeps tags on solution performance and makes sure everything is running smoothly and without a hitch.
- The Home Base component ties back to the roll out and govern component by giving departments a management area to cooperate on and view core procedures.
- The Benchmark component demonstrates how a business compares to aggregated industry information provided by SAP, in an effort to deliver tangible comparative analysis and recommendations on where improvements can be implemented.
Embedded Tools and Services:
RISE with SAP delivers access to a plethora of services that apply to areas of lifecycle management, analytics, support, and more that you need to know when making the transition to a cloud ERP solution such as SAP S/4HANA. Some of these amenities include deployment assistance and elimination of legacy code, supply chain process development, business scenario planning, and intelligent business design.
SAP aims now to be a cloud-first company, and RISE with SAP helps overcome many of the obstacles that on-premise and SAP ERP clienteles are facing. By compounding its disparate services (licensing and maintenance) into one offering, RISE with SAP has paved an easier way for cloud implementations, especially for on-premise users that are new or wary to the concept of cloud.