Bridge the gap between the development & operations team and fuel productivity, agility, and revenue generation.
In this digitally evolving era, organizations are adopting new technologies to stay competitive in the market. Businesses are now rushing to embrace the benefits of DevOps as it helps to improve operational productivity, quality, and revenue.
In recent years, DevOps has become more and more popular. Regardless of the extent of dependency business operations have on their IT infrastructure, a DevOps bounded model holds much promise in the future for business enterprises of all types. No doubt DevOps has the potential to fix all the efficiency-related problems of your business, but before implementation, the organization needs to have an overall understanding of DevOps. Different people have a different understanding of DevOps, but one thing which every organization needs to understand is that- it is a crucial concept for successful software development.
Let us go over the fundamentals and understand why DevOps matters for your organization.
What is DevOps?
DevOps focuses on rapid software delivery by adopting agile implementations. It is a software development practice along with IT operations like reviewing, testing, deploying, etc. for faster development with fewer bugs. In simple words, DevOps means Development and Operations. While DevOps is a lot about tools, technologies, and processes, it also manages the IT complexities and promotes better collaboration between operations and development teams. DevOps enables automation and eliminates ineffective, manual processes and routines. Thus, it allows organizations to deliver value to their customers more often and achieve better results economically.
Why is DevOps important?
The main reason why organizations primarily require DevOps is- for efficiency. For any organization, communication, collaboration, and integration are the key factors which provide an improved IT service delivery agility. Better cooperation among the development and operations team enables continuous delivery of applications and servers to end-users. As companies become more reliant on the cloud, organizations must ensure fluency in DevOps to remain competitive and perform with full potential. Organizations employing DevOps principles tend to strike higher performance, higher software development frequencies, and a lower software change failure rate compared to the organizations that do not. Adoption of DevOps means that your business is ready to innovate with accelerated growth.
There are countless advantages of implementing DevOps at your organization. Some of them are as follows.
1. Quick delivery time- With a collaborative culture and automation being the core of DevOps, it speeds up the feedback process to quickly fix errors and fastens the process of software release.
2. Better collaboration among DevOps teams- DevOps provides the most suitable environment by removing barriers and making it easy for employees to collaborate and share resources. With great coordination, teams placed at a global level can also improve activities and deliver quality work within low time.
3. Seamless software testing and faster deployment- Businesses can deploy systems and applications rapidly with DevOps strategies. It modifies the traditional way of software testing and maximizes your development quality. With automation, DevOps helps organizations deliver faster results and quality software constantly.
4. Easy defect detection- With the development cycles being short, new versions are released frequently. So it gets easier to detect the slightest defects early. Faster detection provides an efficient collaboration between the operations and developers. So on encountering anomalies, less time is required to resolve them. A quick resolution of a defect gives benefits of cost-effectiveness as well as reduced business losses.
5. Enhanced customer experience- Faster solutions serve customers better. DevOps improves deployment and delivery time and minimizes the failure rate. With DevOps, organizations can improve revenue and profits by enhancing customer experience.
With the benefits detailed above, DevOps improves business efficiency, customer experience, and employee collaboration. It can also has a positive impact on your business operations. By implementing DevOps, create a unified approach to both system administration & software development, and overcome the challenges of software development by streamlining the process.
Now that you have understood why implementing DevOps at your business is crucial, set foot on the right note and adopt best practices that allow your entire team to deliver better values. Achieve all three goals- high quality, low cost, speed delivery- together and stand a high chance of achieving success.